What does a comprehensive auto policy cover?

Florida requires all vehicle owners to have minimum insurance coverage if their vehicle is registered in the state. You need to maintain Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and Property Damage Liability (PDL). Beyond the liability, many drivers will want to have additional coverage for their vehicle.  Collision protects your car in case of a collision with another vehicle but there are many other ways that your vehicle may be damaged and for that, you need comprehensive coverage. If you live in or near Deerfield Beach, FL the Deboo Insurance Agency Inc. can help you find the auto insurance that fits your personal situation.

Comprehensive auto insurance is referred to as OTC insurance, other than collision. This can include things like theft, fire, natural disasters, vandalism, falling or thrown objects and impact from a large animal which damage your vehicle.


If your car is stolen you may or may not ever recover it. Comprehensive insurance will give you the actual cash value of your vehicle so that you can replace what you have lost. 

Falling or thrown object

Think about the results of strong winds on a tree and what that tree limb could do to your vehicle. Even more common is the stone that can be thrown up and chip or crack your windshield. Glass coverage is one of the most frequently used comprehensive coverage and usually it has no deductible. 


Getting your car keyed or otherwise vandalized can happen anywhere. It is comforting to know that you will be able to get a new paint job if that is what you need. 

Large animals

Deer cause more damage to cars than any other large animal and it is not uncommon for a car to be completely totaled by this sort of run in and it is mostly unavoidable. 

If you have questions about whether comprehensive coverage is for you, stop by the office of Deboo Insurance Agency Inc. in Deerfield Beach, FL to discuss the options available.