What Coverage Do I Need If I Use My Car For Business?

A personal insurance policy is designed specifically to cover the average travel incurred each day. In most professions, employees drive their car to work and it remains parked for the next eight hours. If you are self-employed, you may use your personal vehicle for business use.

If you have a job that requires you to travel to and from multiple worksites every day, or you transport passengers or products related to your business, your personal auto insurance policy may not be adequate. The amount you use your vehicle and the purpose of your travels will help you decide if you need to invest in a commercial auto policy. If you need help with your decision or are unsure about the available options, contact Deboo Insurance Agency Inc. of Deerfield Beach FL for more information.

How You Use Your Vehicle

If you use your car for both business and personal purposes, then you may be covered with a personal policy with occasional business use. However, you will need to be sure that you designate this use on your policy or you may not be covered in the event of an accident. On the other hand, if your car is used primarily for business purposes, then it may be in your best interest to purchase a commercial auto insurance policy.

The Work Tasks in Your Vehicle

You may require protection from a commercial auto insurance policy if you use your vehicle for the following purposes:

  • Transportation of people or goods for a fee
  • Traveling to remote work locations
  • Traveling between work locations
  • Making deliveries
  • Hauling equipment or tools required to conduct business
  • Visit client locations
  • Transportation of clients or employees

If you are still not certain which type of coverage is right for you, call Deboo Insurance Agency Inc. of Deerfield Beach, FL for assistance. Our agents have the necessary expertise to help you with such an important decision. Give us a call today.